Wilderness Lifeguarding, published by Starfish Aquatics Institute and authored by Justin Padgett and Jill White 2017, is now available for purchase to the general public without course enrollment. This text compliments the Wilderness Lifeguard certification that was created through partnership between Landmark Learning and Starfish Aquatics Institute. This book does not replace training in Wilderness Lifeguarding, but does serve as a fantastic aquatic risk management document for you and your staff.
- Risk Awareness for the Wilderness Waterfront
- Prevention Strategy and Managing Risks
- Surveillance Strategies to Recognize Distress and Drowning
- Assists and Rescues
- Extrication Methods and Contacting Emergency Services
- Rescue Breathing and CPR for an Unresponsive Drowning Person
- Personal Safety and Professional Responsibility