What Others Say
"Starfish Aquatics Institute provides the professionalism and customer service we have been seeking in a national training program."
Nikki Bowie, Operations Safety Program Manager
Charleston County Parks and Recreation, Charleston, South Carolina
There are many reasons that park districts, aquatic facilities, waterparks, and educational institutions are choosing the StarGuard program to train lifeguard staff:
- Experiential approach to learning: Competency is developed through a holistic learning experience in which practical skills are integrated throughout the program. For example, CPR/AED and first aid certifications are integrated into the course.
- Focus on professionalism and accountability: The StarGuard program teaches behaviors and skills to help lifeguards reduce risk and be at their best and ready to take action in the event of an emergency. Infrequent responders must be properly prepared to respond—emotionally and technically.
- Blended training option: The online course covers all the key points of essential knowledge; when paired with a scenario-based, hands-on training session, it creates a competent and confident lifeguard. The efficient use of facility space and instructor time helps reduce training expenses, thus saving time and money. Convenience for the student is also a benefit, since the online portion of the course can be taken at home or while away at school. No longer does everyone have to be in the same place at the same time to receive a consistent level of effective instruction.
- Dedicated support staff: Aquatics is all we do.
- Control cost, time, and administration when you become a training provider.
- Comprehensive risk management system supports the training program if you choose to participate.
Learn more about the StarGuard program.
- SAI is one of five, nationally-recognized, certification agencies, which include SAI, the American Red Cross, E & A, NASCO and the YMCA.
- A StarGuard certification is the equivalent of a lifeguard certification from each of these agencies.
- SAI is recognized in every jurisdiction.
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.